+ Yield Schmield | My 1500 Minutes of Fame in the Birthplace of Tech
Love Letters, Bravos & Hate Mail
This story ran back in 2019. It caused a mini local firestorm.
I visited Sausalito recently and I see nothing's changed. That's why I'm recycling this story.
Below is the original Oped in the SF Chronicle and the Marin IJ. It caused quite a stir and people in Marin would come up to me like a was a celebrity. Hilarious!
+ Here's the story that ran in the IJ and the SF Chronicle
!! Warning: Some disturbing words were edited !!
-------
I must say I'm a little surprised at the huge amount of positive emails and notes I've received. Below, you can read about 30 percent of them. There were hundreds, for weeks and weeks.
Some are from nextdoor, some form linkedin and facebook; a few are email or text messages. I ask that you please share this story on Linkedin and twitter or facebook.
.
Cyclist Consensus:
As I predicted, the majority of avid, spandex wearing cyclists generally hate my story because they think I'm being mean, stereotypical and nasty. I agree it's somewhat mean and nasty; I just don't know how else to raise high awareness in a short period of time.
And I know cyclist hate this retort I sent to several cyclists: "I was a cyclist for many years. I was. I must have rode up to the top of Mt. Tam 100 times."
During my time at Cushman, I rode about 14 miles each way, several times a week from Sausalito to near the Salesforce Tower. A one hour, dangerous as hell road trip. I know the perils of the road. It was so dangerous: buses, tourists, other cyclists, selfie taking foreingers, etc.
Maura , Hurricane Gulch/ Sausalito·1 day ago
Mike - Love the article. It's hilarious and well written.
Thanks for the laugh and even though I see the satire here, it really is true this is a local form of "terrorism". Many of the spandex dudes are bullies. They make it unsafe and something needs to be done. We need more officer Herbs!
Jackie , Hurricane Gulch Sausalito·2 days ago
Dont get me started. They are terrorists and my weapon is a squirt gun.
Dont get me started. They are terrorists and my weapon is a squirt gun.
IC , Hurricane Gulch·2 days ago
Exactly. Ditto. This will only worsen. Just try backing out of my driveway on South Street on a weekend.
They curse, scream and yell extreme obsceneties at me and my wife or guests ( I am a homeowner). It's hard to spot them because they ride fast a hell and reckless. Sausalito police! we need more officer Herbs....at least two more on weekends, please!
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
IC you are so spot on. I see this every frig...n day. One office told me he clocked a guy going 50! Now that's fast......there's no way to judge how fast he's coming down, so if you are a cautious driver, you might hit him. They are super unpredictable. It's frightenting.
Leon Altman • 1st
I help entrepreneurs create breakthrough copy, messaging,
X
Love this article. Even though I live in the heart of NYC, thousands of miles away from the terror of Sausalito's lawless, spandex-wearing cyclists, I always enjoy Mike Kirner stirring the pot with his writing!
1 reply
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·2 days ago
I believe they should be charged a toll to drive on the bike road we paid 2m for plus maintenance. Why should the taxpayers of sausalito pay for a public nuisance
Ben , Hurricane Gulch/ Sausalito·1 day ago
Mike, it's good that you are creating awareness for this issue. It has been a problem for at least 10 years. I agree that not all cyclists are bad - it's just that the lycra louts you mention kindof foul it up for everyone else. I made a left turn on Main Street the other day and from out of nowhere six, seven or more swarmed around my car like fighter pilots. They were cursing, holloring. One leaned over and spit on my windshield. I could not see these guys coming - I think because of their speed going down the hill. We do need help here, I think more visible motorcycle cops like Herb would be a great start.
Lisa , Hurricane Gulch/ Sausalito·1 day ago
I honked at three of them that were riding across the whole lane
and one blew his nose in his hand and through it on my front window.
Dusti, Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·2 days ago
More, please. And more enforcement at crosswalks!
+ Tormud Duwe, San Francisco·2 days ago - (Message edited heavily due to extremely disturbing expletives.)
" You're a f......... ......rrr lover. I'll visit you soon in J..... town, Boca." Your Goose is cooked, ....lover.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·2 days ago
Thats terrible. What's this Duwe guys problem? We pay for their weekend fun and we get no respect
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
I believe we can rise to occassion and beat these dorks; just need to think of creative ways (without breaking the law, of course) to slow them down. There must be a way!
Dusti , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day agoHey Mike, maybe a small gaggle of friends could spend a few hours crossing Bridgeway back and forth during peak bike traffic...you know, with the bright flags and all. A mini Abbey Road scenario. But with flags.
Dusti Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
And maybe water guns...just in case.
Thank
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Like the way you think, Dusti When I'm in my car and they are behind me, I go 5 miles an hour, just to irritate them. I like your idea,!
Linda , Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Whenever I see Officer Herb, I thank him. We need diligence on the speeding cyclists. It's so dangerous when the cyclists take the curve from South to Second Street without brakes. What if a car was waiting around the corner to turn left on Sausalito Boulevard? I heard that happened once and the cyclist had severe injuries because they couldn't stop in time. I wish the cyclists would slow down and consider safety first.
Jan , Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Thank you, Officer Herb! I also try to thank the cyclists who DO follow the law, who wait for me to pass when I am in a cross walk, who stop at a red light while others blow right through it, and who move into the right driving lane so that I can make a right hand turn in the bicycle lane. I try to thank them with a nod or a good word and to encourage this wonderful behavior.
abra , Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
I find it’s not millennials as much as mid lifers. Doesn’t really matter the age though, a lot of them act like the driving laws don’t apply to them. The tourists are different. They’re just clueless but not confrontational.
Veronique Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Right on Mike. We lived in Sausalito since 1981 and those cyclists can be a nightmare any time week or weekend the worse .
Joe Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
These Lycra Louts are a true scourge upon our fine community.
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Thanks, all ; appreciate your responses. I had an IJ reporter contact me recently and said he might publish my story; not that cyclists would read it. I agree with Abra Berman; it might not be ALL Millennials; but I gotta strong feeling that the worst ones are - but I could be wrong about that. The point is they are breaking the law with uncontrolled abandon. What's the solution? speed bumps?; all of us hanging out together on a Sunday and slowly crossing their path at the crosswalk to force them to slow down....? I don't know, but I shall ponder it more.
Laurie Lynn Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
I am very shocked by all of the negative/hate response postings from our "community" or should I say lack of it!! I rejoice when I see the cyclists, as they are human beings enjoying life, exercise, and the great outdoors. Happiness on display! What's needed is Patience and Courtesy which should always be extended! This town is already so unwelcoming with all the N∅ this N∅ that signs, rather than Welcome! and let us share this beautiful place with You! I am so sorry 💔 to read this in our 'neighborhood'.
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
I figured one hippie from Berkeley ( who I believe is also non tax paying anchor out), would emerge with a preposterous, viewpoint! Shame on you, Laurie Lynn for defending that vermin. They're not all bad; but many, many,, many, many of them are. Of course it's a treat that they exercise and enjoy life; of course the great outdoors is wonderful and it's about happy people enjoying the sun and Sausalito...I get that - you are correct!! .. But they break the law....constantly, willfully, joyfully, continously, daily,........ and without guilt, remorse....... Shame on you.
Dusti , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Oh please. When the Spandex Brigade shows patience and courtesy, and, more importantly, *obey the rules of the road*, then we may extend the patience and courtesy in return.
Ashley , Strawberry·1 day ago
Can’t stand these bikers!!!
Susan Marin City·1 day ago
Adult bikers should pay a registration fee for their bikes and display a license plate on their bikes, just like drivers have to do with cars. Use the funds raised to help pay for bike paths and law enforcement re bikers. Enforcement would be much easier if bikes could be identified by a license plate. The current lack of identification only encourages the lawless behavior we all see and even fear (hello bike messengers).
Michelle T Belvedere·Edited 1 day ago
I'm a millennial cyclist who never breaks the speed limit. Very disappointed to see you all referring to friends and me as vermin just because we ride bikes on the weekend sometime.
Kim Strawberry·1 day ago
I don’t think they’re referring to you Michelle T....rather wishing this particular group was more like you in their behavior. Having been literally chased down bridgeway by one of these cyclists because of what they perceived was me doing something wrong, I get the sentiment.
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Clearly not all bikers, Michelle - but hundreds and hundreds are just absolutely horrible - I'll edit my story to thank those few who do, in fact, follow the basic traffic rules - I'm a biker also.
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Sorry all to keep posting, but I've gotten my first hate mail! How exciting; I must be good.! For those who agree with me and the points in my article, do you want your 1st and last name and part of your comments in my Linkedin Story? Easy for me to do. If you wish to remain anonymous, no big deal - will not post without your blessing ! peace.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Mike kirner im with you 100%. The business owners in downtown sausalito considered them a public nuisance as they add nothing to the tourism industry other than a cup of coffee. We paid 2m as taxpayers for a bike bath plus maintenance as taxpayer's
Those of us who have busi8and or real property in Sausalito pay for this.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
I think susan amour has a brilliant idea. Shift the costs to the bike riders. Im tired of being treated with disdain by bikers and pay tax dollars for it
Alexandra Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
I just moved here and bought my first bike to see what all the fuss was about. Learning to ride it and it’s one of the most exhilarating hobbies I’ve ever picked up! Especially in such a beautiful place!!! And I am so happy to be here. But you guys are all scaring me... please do not lump every cyclist you see as “vermin”. Jeez.. I’m just trying to stay safe on the road and enjoy the neighborhood that I am busting my ass to live in! I think a larger percentage than 20% of cyclists are doing it right.
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
You just moved here. I would say avoid riding your bike on the south end of town.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Driving up or down on second street where golden gate market is located is a dangerous spot. I would not ride a bike there
Shea Putnam , Valley Street, , Sausalito, CA ·1 day ago
I need you to remove my name from this story ...it's a complete lie that I am a witch. I have not practised witchraft in months! I am also repulsed by having the best photo of me shared on the internet. I'm casting a spell on you right now.
Dennis , Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
I welcome speed cameras for bicycles.
Red , Sausalito Flats·Edited 1 day ago
If you’re savvy rider but with vehicle awareness and rules. You’re good to ride wherever you want. I would watch and be defensive in your riding because there are a lot of drivers who accelerate pass the speed limit. I’m a computer and careful with the rules. There was one time, riding home, on the golden gate market curve when a vehicle suddenly sped around me on the curve and came close (foot close) to hitting me. He made a pass in the “no passing zone” and he had no thought for vehicles traveling in the opposite direction. “If” He had patience, I would’ve moved to the right after the curve. There are people who drive way to fast in Sausalito, and pass the 15-20-25-30-35 speed limit. Bikers do have the right to be on the road (state law) and this is something to keep in mind because you don’t want to be in court. My two cents.
Alex, Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Yep. Cars need to watch out where the road is shared. When I first moved here, I had to get used to it while driving my car. Now I’m experiencing it on a bike. It’s not that hard, just follow the rules! I think it’s an awesome dynamic and I have lived in SF for many years and you would probably be complaining a lot more over there about cyclists.. I think they are fairly reasonable here and a part of the culture as well. People need to stop getting on nextdoor just to complain.. its a forum for community, not bashing.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
We are not bashing as a taxpayer I want the burden of law enforcement and the cost of maintaining the roadways
Plus possibly recoup the 2 miilion we paid ad taxpayers for the bike lane.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
A toll like the bridge toll where funds are used for maintenance. Law enforcement and recoup the 2 million the cost that we as taxpayer's pay for
Alexandra Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
We all pay taxes. The bike lanes were put there to keep people safe. We also pay for law enforcement, jails, schools, etc. That’s life. There’s a big difference between complaining about reckless cyclists and wanting “your” money back for putting in a bike lane in your own town..
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
I want the burden of the cost shifted to the bike riders. Just like the golden gate bridge. The amount of tax i pay in sausalito is astronomical due to bonds associated with the cost of Maintenance and law enforcement.
Red , Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
You don’t have to pay taxes. It’s a scam anyway! They get richer while you struggle! Hahaha
Red, Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Y’all are sounding like your man Trump with his Wall. Hahaha
Red, Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Y’all have a great day and don’t forget the soccer game between the USA and France this Friday!!
Alex, Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
It’s gonna be a good one!!
Thank
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Peace out no wall no trump
Lucky Waldo Point Harbor·1 day ago
If every bike had a bar code embedded & was registered— that might help. Why should we not register bikes? They are vehicles using a $2m roadway, as someone thoughtfully pointed out. More friendliness and less anonymity 😎
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·1 day ago
Exactly my point
Red, Sausalito Flats·Edited 1 day ago
Might as well micro chip ya too. On that thought, they’re already pushing for chips in people. Been tested on your pets. It’s good to go. You don’t have to worry about bikes being Registered in the future. People will be registered and located on GPS.
Marianne Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Most cities that enact bicycle licensing end up rescinding the programs.
Keith , Belvedere·1 day ago
Mike, here's an idea:
Chinese police to use facial recognition technology to send jaywalkers instant fines by text
And, of course, put chips in their heads, too.
Eric Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Terror? I don’t see the pedestrian in the cross walk.. but yeah they should be out in Sonoma riding those open roads... not in the dense populated areas at high speed...
Barbara , Strawberry·1 day ago
does it help tp contact Blazing Saddles bike rental in S.F. ?
Nicolas , South Banana Belt·1 day ago
I am a millennial road biker. These people give all of us a bad name. Bikes are required by law to adhere to the same laws that cars are subject to. I applaud the additional enforcement, but also believe that much of the problems arise from tourists that don’t adequately know the laws, and throw caution to the wind.
Holly , Ebbtide N. Sausalito·1 day ago
I’ve grown to be uncomfortable driving in my own town because of unruly bicyclists. I had two very frightening bike experiences driving to work this morning, in a ten min span. First bicyclist was so far over into the lane he was basically forcing every driver to go into the oncoming traffic lane. This happens frequently in Sausalito and as a cautious driver, it’s frightening. Second bicyclist was in the middle of the road in the on-ramp to the Golden Gate Bridge, taking a photo. Tooted the horn to do the guy a favor; he’s a sitting duck in the middle of a road people accelerate onto. The response — his friend screaming at me and giving me the middle finger.
Crickett Marin City·1 day ago
The cyclist are a nightmare! Nightmare! Once saw one take out a mom with an infant in a stroller and her 3 year old toddler. Didn’t even stop. 😤
Charles Sausalito Flats·1 day ago
Wow. Lot of anger and well deserved. As a Sausalito resident for over a decade AND and cyclist, let’s please all step back from the trumpian model and recognize that:
A) there ARE some jack@ss cyclist
B) they’re not the majority. Most cyclist are just good folks out there to enjoy the sport and can/do respect the rules
C) there are already very clear laws in place with substantial fines for breaking them.
Net-net: stronger, consistent enforcement and the bad apples will get what they deserve
David South Banana Belt·1 day ago
The bicyclists seem to fall into at least the three categories:
1) The recreational cyclists and commuters who do their part by obeying the rules of the road. As far as I am concerned, the more the merrier.
2) The tourists who rent bikes and come from the City. These are a pain in the neck. They often ride two or three abreast oblivious to the world around them. They are often out of shape with no technique so they go too fast down the hills and labor up the hills. They are an absolute nuisance all summer long and are the focus of the PBAC, but this is not news.
3) The reckless speed demons. They seem the most troublesome cohort as they are fit, confident, fearless and rude. This is a very bad combination. There might be millennials among them, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are actually a little older than that (the sort of middle aged guy who bought a carbon fiber bike instead of a Porsche) although this seems irrelevant. These are the ones who blaze smugly around corners and through stop signs in their Lycra. These are the ones who flip you off and hurl invective from their pedestals of self righteousness.
One ought to bear in mind the probability of unintended consequences. If we were to try to toll the bike path they would switch to the roadway which would be counterproductive. In any even, my understanding is that we cannot legally toll the road for non-residents as it is a public thoroughfare.
Libby Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Speed bumps if they cross the whole road as bikes, and cars, can’t go around them
Mike Hurricane Gulch·1 day ago
Good observations, David James; you are more reserved and thoughtful than I ! My focus is number 3......the tourists are a pain, but nowhere near as bad. The age thing is interesting; you could be right. With a helmet and glasses who can tell how old they are.?
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·22 hr ago
The anchor outs are commenting that we are unwelcoming. Laurie lynn easy for you to say you welcome all the cyclists but you dont pay taxes in sausalito. Most residents support the anchor outs eventhough its not legal for long term housing. But we know there is a housing crisis. But please dont tell us what to do with out tax dollars. We find the weekend cyclists a public nuisance that we as tax payers no longet want to pay for
Heidi , Hurricane Gulch·22 hr ago
Ummmm....I'm an avid cyclist AND I live here and have for many years. Do ya'll hate me too? Where do you draw your hate-line?
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·22 hr ago
I mever said i hate the cyclists. I just dont want to pay for it as a taxpayer in sausalito
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·22 hr ago
Some of us cant ride a bike due to disabilities
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·22 hr ago
Ever thought of that? Not everyone can just hop on a bike
Nicolas, South Banana Belt·22 hr ago
That is a possibility, but as a tax payer in Sausalito, I would prefer to support the bikers than car drivers. Uber, Lyft, Golden Gate Transit are all viable options. Maybe rather than demonizing a group, and creating far-fetched penalties that are more aptly applied to other groups (cars) you should just learn how to interact appropriately with the various groups that come to Sausalito (driving a significant amount of revenue in the town as well)
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·21 hr ago
Like i stated previously there are studies that have shown the riders from out of town do not generate revenue for the city. I have a car. I pay taxes on that car. I oay gasolone tax. I pay dmv fees. I pay insurance. Its very costly to own a vehicke but I dont have a choice. Due to an injury i cannot ride a bike. Why is it so difficult to get the bike riders to pay something for their use of the bike paths we pay for
Nicolas South Banana Belt·21 hr ago
Please direct me to these “studies.” As someone very close to multiple businesses in Sausalito, the revenue generated is real and it is significant. Secondly, I also own a car and pay all the same expenses as you, so now I should be taxed twice? Finally, most of what we pay for the roads is not paid directly, but through our taxes. Every time we pay sales tax on a purchase, property tax on our homes (directly, or indirectly through our rent), or income tax on what we earn, a portion of that goes directly into our transportation system.
A portion of all these taxes are paid into a general fund, which is where most transportation money comes from. But the real costs of building roads end up being much higher over the years than what the budget can afford. A growing amount of road costs are paid for with borrowed money. We must eventually pay off these loans through our taxes, with interest that can amount to two, three, or more times the original cost of the project.
So please, check your behavior towards others at the door, it isn’t welcomed here.
Nicolas , South Banana Belt·21 hr ago
Feel free to opt out of owning a car, most 16 year olds these days are. It’s called ridesharing or public transportation, you could save a lot of $$ it seems.
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·21 hr ago
Nicolas i dont need a lecture on taxes. If you really want to know what road improvements most of us are paying for is on youre end of town. So please dont tell me what my options are. You dont know anything about my circumstances.
Nicolas Mindel, South Banana Belt·21 hr ago
Not sure what you just wrote made any sense, but improvements to roads are in a general fund and are used where needed. When roads start to falter on “your end” of town, they’ll get repaired. Apparently you need a few more lessons on how the tax system works.
Nicolas , South Banana Belt·21 hr ago
First things first, SALT Deductions is a deduction granted to taxpayers in the United States that are part of a range of tax preferences from the federal government. The Revenue Act of 1913, which introduced the federal income tax, states that “all national, state, county, school, and municipal taxes paid within the year, not including those assessed against local benefits,” can be deducted. The Revenue Act of 1964 later named specific state and local taxes that could be deducted, which included: real and personal property, income, and general sales taxes.
These tax preferences serve two important goals. First, by allowing taxpayers the ability to deduct state and local taxes (SALT), taxpayers avoid being taxed twice on the same income. Additionally, the deduction on property taxes, along with deduction on mortgage interest, provides a strong incentive for homeownership. The sales tax deduction provides similar incentives for encouraging spending — which facilitates economic growth. Secondly, curious, what “side” of town do you think I’m on, and since when did you decide to separate Sausalito into two sides?
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·21 hr ago
I have and you might want to read the abovr constructive solutions thst othet people have posted rather than arguing with me
Jacqueline Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·21 hr ago
Good night nick make some money tomorrow so we can pay for the bike road for cyclists
Mike Hurricane Gulch·20 hr ago
All, knock it off, please. Read the f....article I wrote. It's not all cyclists; just most of them. If you're not breaking the law, wer're not talking about you.
1
Tara Shelter Ridge·19 hr ago
Um, hi! In 1984 I worked in Sausalito and bused into town from Strawberry. I’ve been working 21 years at UCSF and am now living in Mill Valley. I’m considering a bike commute now that bridge tolls are over $7.00 and my monthly parking fees are over $200. The bike route southbound through Sausalito is giving me hives, but the money saved is so tempting. I’m officially Gen X. Are you (generally) going to run me off the road?
abra , Sausalito Flats·18 hr ago
Again, I don’t mind the tourist bicyclists, a lot come from countries that are profoundly bicycle positive. If they’re stunned and clueless, at least they’re gentle and in a good mood. I’ve found that it’s the local weekend warrior or angry Lycra commuter guy that is scary. When we witness cyclists stopping at lights, yielding to pedestrians, and trying to get along safely with cars, honestly it’s in the minority and we comment on it. I think at this point the bigger problem is that bridgeway hasn’t adequately grown to accommodate all the cyclists. A dedicated bike lane from bridge to the ferry terminal would make a big difference.
Thank
2
Roberta , South Banana Belt·2 hr ago
Omg ...I thought I was the only one who gets frustrated at these inconsiderate cyclists!!!
And LOL. That picture of Shea Putnam..LOL. Looks just like her. Not sure if she's a real practising witch still!
David Hurricane Gulch·18 hr ago
FYI food for thought. Officer Herb ends up giving out about as many tickets to car drivers as bicyclists on any given day he’s out there on the south end of town.
David Sausalito Flats·Edited 14 hr ago
I think if you take a step back you will realize that Sausalito benefits immensely from taxes paid by non-residents, including cyclists. We are not victims on that front.
I appreciate how many on here have gone from creating an out group to stereotype and vilify to thinking about good solutions. Nice work, neighbors!
Libby , Hurricane Gulch·12 hr ago
Has anyone contacted the Marin Bicycle Coalition? Among other important work, they have helped broker solutions for issues between biking and hiking on open space trails.
John , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·9 hr ago
Police stings are not effective because cyclists easily warn others of what to anticipate. Demand City Council install speed bumps near the end of Alexander and at the hairpin turn. Warn repeatedly along the decline. Riders can be much more concerned about their bikes than their cars.
They can be easily removed if they do not work.
Jacqueline , Nevada Valley/ North Sausalito·9 hr ago
Exactly like car boots in san Francisco
Heidi Hurricane Gulch·9 hr ago
@johncox I think this is a good idea. It will also slow down inexperienced folks on bicycles who are not breaking the law but going too fast for their abilities. I worry about them, especially the little kids.
Sandra , Hurricane Gulch·3 hr agoNew
Please communicate these concerns to the Sausalito Ciry Council at meetings and in writings. There is public comment at the beginning of every meeting to speak to items NOT on the agenda. To see the Council's agenda, go to sausalito.gov and query City Council.
+ See Mike's Original Linkedin Story
